There will be no pictures of today's outfit - today being a holiday, I reserve the right to wear my comfy clothes and not photograph myself in them. However, do not fret, faithful readers and friends! I have many outfits to show you. Starting with this one, from Friday.
- Dress - Armani Exchange, thrifted; first worn here in July with a skirt underneath
- Shoes - Hispanitas; last seen here in July with vintage Valentino
- Coat (below) - Samuel Dong, thrifted; purchased here in July for $34.95
I wore my new-to-me coat for the first time:
- Necklace - Joe Fresh, thrifted
- Wrist-wrap - local
- Earrings - assorted gifts from L
The earrings are mis-matched as I've lost their mates over the years.
After a quiet evening in, we were up early for Ultimate Frisbee. I am now in "must it one more time" mode for my summer clothes.
- Cardigan - Gap, thrifted; last seen here in July with painty flowers
- Dress - Lirub; last worn here in May, also for an Ulti game
- Shoes - Modern Vintage, thrifted; last seen here with brocade in August
- Cuff - thrifted
- Earrings - Vintage Expo
When we got home, Vizzini was sunning himself out on the deck:
|"Oh, you're home. And I was just starting to enjoy the peace and quiet."|
|"What is this fascinating thing?"|
|"You should be! You need a shower."|
- Dress - The 1300 Collection, Holt Renfrew, vintage 70s, thrifted; purchased here for $22.95
- Shoes - Ralph Lauren, thrifted; last seen here a couple of weeks ago while flaming on
|"Seriously? You're leaving me again?"|
|"You're not even going to give me my treats early, are you?"|
- Belt - thrifted
- Earrings - Aldo Accessories
- Ring - late 90s
I had a nice sleep in on Sunday, then walked to town for groceries.
- Dress - Jacob, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) back in May to see Art Bergmann
- Booties - Dirty Laundry, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in April for a grocery shop
- Jacket (below) - Smoking Lily; last worn way back here in September 2015 with mint and gold
I finally wore this shiny jacket again - I needed to keep my REAL tattoo out of the sun.
- Ring - local
- Earrings - thrifted
Did I find anything? Mayyyyybeeeeee...Like this lovely plummy coloured skirt.
I blew the colour contrast out so that you can see the two pleats on the front of this skirt. The back has 4 more, so extra swingy movement when walking.
It's by Lida Baday, a Canadian designer. Link here about her ('cause I love!); unfortunately, as of 2014 (article here) she is no longer in business, sadly, another victim of "fast fashion" and consumers not wanting to pay premium prices for goods made in Canada.
I am always on the lookout for new camis, as they do tend to wear out over time. Here's a baby blue one.
Speaking of camis, look at this lovely teal blue one.
This was my score of the day. You know I can't resist a crazy faux fur! And fur is big this year, right?
And that was my weekend, mostly. Last night, L and I hung out and played boardgames and listened to CDs, while Vizzini prowled around. He's been very disturbed by the amount of seagull action we're experiencing on the roof lately.
|"Confound it, I can't reach them!"|
|"Those gulls are up to no good."|
|"Curses! They got away!"|
This is later on, when he decided it was time to bother us for his kitty treats.
|"I'm so cuuuute, and strettttchy...and if you don't give me treats, I'm going to claw this couch..."|
|"Unless you have treats, there is no tum for you!"|
Linking up to: