Monday, July 27, 2015

Bigass Badass Weekend Wrap-Up: The 2015 International Vancouver 40+ Blogger Meet-Up!

Woo! What a fantabulous weekend! The 40+ Blogger Meet-Up has happened! 

*  *  *

First, a huge thank you to Melanie, Suzanne and Sue for their peerless organization. Planning an event of this magnitude take a lot of work, and my appreciation is great and boundless. Thank you, thank you, thank you, dear friends. 

For those of you who followed along with all the twittering and hashtagging and technological whatnots, you've had a taste of some of the shenanigans we got up to (I have yet to check and see what's out there, myself, but I know I hammed it up a lot!). This post is my chronological record of my trip to Vancouver, and my favourite pictures, as well as my shopping/swap finds. And Vizzini, who was discussed much. 

There's a list at the bottom of all of my awesome fellow bloggers' sites below, and I've done some linking throughout. As always, I link 'cause I love. 

Well, now, let's get 'er started, shall we?
Swag: Rating card courtesy of notebook from Suzanne; Kittehs tag by Melanie
The company: 5
Definitely one of the most interesting, diverse, smart and goofily eccentric group of people I've ever had the pleasure to spend three days with! 

The location: 5
Love Vancouver, and happy that it's close enough for me to get to! Grateful that so many bloggers joined us from so far away! 

The ambience: 5
We make our own ambience, darlings, and we were fabulous

The food: 4
Meh, chain restaurants, but they work for everyone. I loved our brunch place, though, and will go back again. 

The weather: 2
Fricking Vancouver, kittehs. It poured rain all day Friday, cleared up briefly on Saturday, and then back to rain/clouds for Sunday. 

The story: 19 people from all over the world, with the common interests of art, fashion and putting pictures of ourselves on the internet, descended in Vancouver to shop, eat, selfie, chat and guffaw at life! 

Overall rating: Twenty bajillion! I had a blast! 

I spent Thursday night trying to pick out what I was going to take. I had it all done, then scrapped everything, then I told myself to stop second-guessing and pulled it all out again.
"I'm checking for contraband in these pants."
 Vizzini helped me pack.

I only took a small backpack, along with my purse, due to weight restrictions on the float planes. Vizzini wouldn't stop chewing on my backpack, so I had to put in the closet overnight.
"I'm sure that pack would be safer with me."
I showed these two pictures to all of the Vizzini fans.

This is what I'd planned to wear. In fact, I took all of these pictures before I changed one item.
Comfortable enough to walk around in all day, just enough crazy and "clothing as armour".


  • Fur jacket - Bebe, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) for my company's gala Christmas party in late November 2014
  • Blazer - Banana Republic, thrifted; last seen here in October 2014 for our trip to Italy
  • Top - Simpli, thrifted; last worn here in April under leather
  • Pants - Zara, consignment; first worn here (2nd outfit) earlier this month
  • Shoes - Half-Truth Veda, Fluevog; last seen here earlier this month with a picador
  • Belt - consignment
  • Cuff - thrifted
  • Earrings - local
  • Lapis lazuli and Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes

I know, so fun, right?
It's furry blue madness! I did like wearing these pants again. I'm iffy on Zara after that awful dress, but it's gone.

However, no blue rabbit for me on Friday; it was rain, rain, rain, and I didn't want to risk it. Slight wardrobe adjustment.
What can ya do? We live in a temperate rainforest climate. It rains. My poor hat got very smushed from being stuffed wet into my purse, but I'm really glad I took it!

I totally forgot about this black blazer - it's been in my dry cleaning bag since we got back from Italy in October of last year. I guess I can live without a black blazer, but I do love the cut and style of this lovely lightweight wool one.

I pretended to be a rock star and took the seaplane over, as L and I usually do when we visit Vancouver.
There were only about 4 passengers on my flight, so I was able to "tourist out" and take lots of pictures. Not like having a full flight would stop me, though, ha!

While waiting to taxi out of the harbour, I spotted a gaggle of kayakers out the window.
I used to work at that Victorian house in the background. It's a hotel/restaurant.

Our blue bridge, the Johnson Street bridge, is being replaced. I will miss this one!
I liked these colourful houseboats along the outer harbour area.
I'm not sure I would live in one. Would you?

Another plane coming in for a landing.
It was so dark and grey in the morning. I was really hoping it would be nicer in Vancouver!

That's Victoria. I can almost see my house from here!
You can see how brown the waterfront park grass has gotten from our hot summer so far.

I would live on this island.
But I think I would miss the shopping. Plus, that's a heck of a commute.

I sat about 3 feet behind the pilot, and zoomed in on his flight tracker.
We're flying at 1,052...something.

And yes, I do see islands to the west!
Hello, San Juan Islands! Those belong to Washington State.

This island estate has a tennis court.
I wonder who lives there?

Ooh, we're getting closer. I should be able to see Vancouver coming up ahead.
Looming out of the clouds...
There it is!

Coming in towards Vancouver's harbour...
I see our hotel, the Blue Horizon! It's been a downtown fixture for decades (I remember it as a kid) - it has a very distinctive blue tiled exterior.

The float plane docks at Canada Place.
Ever seen a floating gas station?
You can barely see two of the span towers of the Lions Gate Bridge past the trees of Stanley Park.

Since I've met Melanie before, I arranged to meet up with her in the hotel lobby. More and more bloggers appeared! A small group of us went to a nearby cafe to start our introductions. I didn't take formal pictures of people, but just snapped as I went along.

Hello to Sylvia of 40+ Style! I'm a member of her 40+ blogroll (new button on the sidebar - go sign up for her newsletter!).
Sylvia joined us from Singapore! I loved her savviness about blogging - she does this for a living, so it was really interesting to get her perspective.

Here's Suzanne of her eponymous blog, Suzanne Carillo, being shown something on her "texty device" (I don't have a cell phone, iPhone or other techy thing) by Trina (hiding).
Greetje looks on. She joined us from the Netherlands/UK. Next to her is the amazeballs Melanie of A Bag and a Beret and Culture Serf | Vancouver Street Style, native Vancouverite and guide on our adventure.

Greetje's blog is No Fear of Fashion, and she is indeed a fearless and hilarious lady.
She was a blast to hang out with.

Trina of Tea Time with Trina joined us all the way from Utah!
Her blog is delightful and beautiful, just like her.

We ventured outside after we were fully caffeinated/stuffed with pastries.
Brolly-laden
I loved how Melanie's kimono billowed in the wind.

Do you remember Melanie's devastatingly rude lack of breakfast encounter at the local Ted Baker store opening?  
True style! Give that store the finger, baby! 
Well, she sure does!

We cruised the chi-chi shops of Pacific Centre mall on our way to Holt Renfrew. Suzanne discovered the rudest print ever (erm, private organs of men and women, with fruit) on a very pretty blouse.
She also modeled this very-stiff striped skirt. It reminds me of the inside of a McDonald's fry box.

We convinced Melanie to try on this fabularse Tahitian skirt.
She looks gorgeous in everything
Our charming Sales Associate Corey offered some posing advice.
Hilarity ensued
Arm out there, like so.
Corey was clad head to to in Comme des Garcons
He was a total sweetie.

He brought Suzanne clothes to try on, including glasses, to complete the look.
Dior? I can't remember.

I was enamoured of this skirt for about 10 minutes.
Then I felt it and realized it was PVC and on sale for $800+. I went into sticker-shock for the rest of Holt's expedition.

Thank goodness they gave us special Holt's water.
"When I drink water, I only drink Holt's."
To the bathroom! for the obligatory selfie explosion.
Yes, I'm eating an apple. 
It was too much fabulous for one bathroom!

After a quick break back at my room, I redid my rain-washed make-up and changed into my dinner dress.
I actually had to run to the drugstore for tights - my legs were cold!


  • Dress - Desigual; last seen here in May 

I've got my eye on you!

The rain was just spitting by the time we headed out for dinner.
This outfit went over really well with my new friends, as did my swooped-up hair.

We met up at Earl's and received a sweet little "swag bag".
The Girl Guides badges were given out by Pao of Project Minima.  I chose the "Safety Sense" one (I had to look that up!), which seemed to suit me. I'm going to sew it on my jean jacket - maybe it will help protect me from falling off buses and my Danger Pants.

Our full swag:

  • Lanyards by Sue from scraps of fabric (which you'll see us all wearing in our pictures) with our name tag (featuring Melanie's "Turnip Head") and itinerary on the back, all assembled by Sue
  • A notebook and mechanical pencil, from Suzanne, notebooks made by Suzanne (with 3 different covers!)
  • A fabric rose made by Sue of A Colourful Canvas Suzanne!
  • A note card and wrist token by Melanie (printing by Suzanne)
  • And all that sweet packaging done by Suzanne
What a fabulous and generous gift! 

Hee hee! 

I love this creativity! Cards by Melanie, printed by Suzanne.

I met all new people at dinner, including Jane from Denman Island. 
No blog, but very fun lady.

I didn't get to meet the two ladies near the end, so I'm not 100% sure who they are, but on the right is Jody of day2daywear - she's from Victoria! It was so cool to meet another fashion blogger from my city.
Ally from Shybiker is on the right, next to Sue. Ally made it all the way from New York!

Melanie got a fabulous pre-swap gift from Pao (whose mother made and wore this): this insanely awesome tiger-print jumpsuit and over-wrap.
I think Melanie may be the only person in the world who could wear this.

Our evening ended early - I went back to my room and watched TV until I got dozy. Saturday dawned clear and bright.
I got up early and wandered around and had breakfast and a big coffee.


  • Blouse - Bordeaux Los Angeles, consignment; last seen here in June with power lines
  • Skirt - Smoking Lily, thrifted; last worn here in April with blue and orange
  • Shoes - Land's End; thrifted; last seen here in June with pink and plaid
  • Belt - Lady Footlocker, thrifted


 Trying the "Corey Hand" with my back pose.
So nice to see the sun!

We met up in the hotel lobby to load ourselves into taxis to head over to Granville Island.
I was hugely amused by the pictures of that lady in the background - they were all over the hotel
It's Greetje and Anne from Spy Girl! Colour me a huge fan! I love her so much! I even have her mug, with pictures of many of these bloggers on it! Oops, hee hee, I forgot that I stuck my tongue out.
I was in major fangirl mode for Ally and Shawna of The Director of Awesome. Both of them faced emotional challenges with this meet-up: Ally, with being transgendered but being in a group of women where two-thirds didn't know that, and Shawna, with making sure she took the appropriate level of time for her self-care and down-time. I also made sure I found myself pockets of "me" time throughout this event. I need to recover and internalize things after being loud and out there in a group.

I'd chatted with Tiina of Elegance Revisited, a UK/Nordic blogger, over dinner the night before - we had such a nice chat, I totally forgot to take her picture.
Here she is with Pao (I discovered her name is actually Pat - PAO are her initials!). Pao's sweet husband Kris tagged along for the main meals - what a trooper!

After some gaggling around in the lobby, taking a bazillion pictures, we hailed cabs to Granville Island.
The Granville Street Bridge looms above it. Granville Island is full of shops, stalls and artists' studios. You can buy a crate of fresh raspberries (I did) and wander around the shops and studios (I also did).

We met up with some more bloggers, too!
This is Tami of The Thriftshop Commando, and her mom, Phyllis.  Hey, Tami, I went to that same hat shop as you!

This is Louisa of Damselfly's Delights.
Selfie selfie!
She and I had hit it off at dinner the night before, and again, I was too caught up in actually chatting to take her picture!

More pictures! I see you in the background, Ally!
Pao and Anne enjoying the sunshine!

I wandered around by myself for an hour or more - see above, getting my down-time.
I wish this store had been open - I really love these Monsterware shot glasses.
Hee hee, rar! 

I bought a couple of things from artist studios. These earrings are by Tania Gleave (site) and were $65.00. 
Her card says "bold, gutsy, grounded, elegant, singular" - I like that. Her husband, Peter Kiss, sold these to me.

I adored this felted wool hat store, Funk Shui by Jessica de Haas.
 It was $78.00. I never mind paying for handmade items by an artist.
And who could resist those little bobbing red feathers? Not me! 

Ally found herself a real Canadian tie! 

All Canadians wear these. *snort* Uh huh.

From Granville Island, a small group of us hiked up Granville Street. I connected with Patti of Not Dead Yet Style (her plane had been delayed, so this was her first outing with us), and enjoyed a lunch and glass of wine with her. We then all moved on to some of the high-end consignment stores, where we explored, tried things on, and generally had a hoot.

I found two pairs of earrings.
The top ones aren't anything fancy, but I love how the cuff of rhinestones hangs down. They were $14.00. 

The green ones are by Stella and Dot, and were $16.00. there was a matching bracelet, but it didn't ring my bell. 

After a dash back to the hotel room, I got changed for dinner again. 
I wore the green earrings right away, and of course, I had to wear my new fascinator!
Oh yeah, I think the Corey Hand is working for me.

It was nearly time for the swap portion of our adventure - I hosted it in my room. This was my view.
I was on the 19th floor.

I took a couple o' selfies of my new headpiece.
I know! The veil!
I might have to make that my new profile pic. Yup, done.

These are blurry, but you can see the chaos (and all the photographers!).
 It was insanity. Of course, I was being bossy and telling people what to try on. Heh, that's what I do.
I was so happy to see Shawna grab my silk velvet poncho. It has only been seen only one time here, for an artsy outing with Mom back in November 2012, on the same weekend that I purchased it at a Vintage Fair for $25.00. I'm glad it's gone to a good home. 

I picked up a Karina dress - this lovely navy blue number with pockets and silver stripes. 
"Really? There's nothing on it to chew!"
 It came from Patti!
It has a lovely neckline - this is the back.

I also grabbed this lovely Just Taylor dress. I saw it on Suzanne, and when she put it back, I had to try it.
 Love the industrial zipper detail on the back.
I don't know who brought it, but thank you! 

This is also my very first Old Navy item I've ever owned. 
 It's just a thin rayon, but the sides are open and I liked the pattern on the front.
Plus, free. Again, I don't know who brought it, but thank you so much!

After the flurry of swapping, trying things on and general hilarity (I cracked open a bottle of wine), we descended upon the Earl's restaurant next door. 

Who's this lovely lady?  
Hello, Anne!

I sat next to the beautiful Wendra of Through the Looking Glass (love the name!).
She makes lovely looking glass necklaces (I would like one of them, L, hint hint), available in her shop here.

From dinner, Melanie came back to my room to pack up all the leftover swap clothes to take for donation, and then we crashed Shawna's room, along with Sylvia, and drank wine and took silly pictures of ourselves in blue, pink and Bon Jovi wigs. Melanie will/might post them, if you ask her nicely. She has my permission, even though I look very silly! We chatted and chilled until nearly midnight - it was a really nice opportunity to get to know all of them a little better.

In the morning, I packed everything up (my backback ended up being 4 pounds heavier going home!), and met up with the gang for brunch.
 Variations on a theme.
I have a full vintage slip on under everything. Must wear the most clothes for the float plane - it means less to carry.
Ready to go!

Again, we met up in the lobby, and of course, again, it was the opportunity for yet more pictures.
Patti! I was the most star-struck about meeting her.

Greetje, so elegant in all her white.
Sylvia rockin' a jumpsuit.
She had the best shoes!

Shawna and Tiina.
And Pao and Suzanne.
 Anne again, ever arty in her Melanie-designed graphics.
Also, so much pink!

Me and Sue!
I completely adored Sue! Now that we've connected, I'm sure we'll meet up when she comes to the Island. Hijinks will be in the cards, you can bet on it.

Pao modeled here fabulous creation.
It has naked men on it, paddling outrigger canoes! Vintage Hawaiian fabric!

We met for brunch at Forage, which I loved and will be taking L to.
This is Barbara (no blog) aka "Vancouver Barbara" - she is a reader of many of our blogs. So cool to meet you!

We bid our farewells on Sunday - many of our group had to go home, aw! A few bloggers came with me - I had to go to Fluevog! It's like the law! We went to the store on Granville, where I found a pair of shoes, as did Greetje. They had a massive sale on!

We also went to My Sister's Closet and Timeline Boutique, guided by Melanie.

Patti, looking stunning in her swap find, a sweater that Suzanne customized with that hand-done zebra.
Walking from My Sister's Closet.
"It's like Sex and the City!" Pao, Patti, Sylvia, Greetje being photographed by rockschtar Melanie.

Greetje models the Fluevogs she bought, the Tasty Vogs Dorothy (here).
Necklace creation by Melanie
She found those pants at Timeline, and they matched her new shoes so perfectly! 

These are the shoes I found. 
They are the Queen Transcendent Escarpin (here) and they were on sale half price for $159.00.

I totally lucked out, as the only pair left was a 10.5! Shockingly, they fit (okay, I'm not really shocked to find out that Fluevog sizing is erratic!) my 9-9.5 foot.
Look at that heel!

And of course, they have soul/sole.
"Exceed your own expectations."
 That heel!
And John's signature
I can't wait to wear these!

I found this wonderful deep purple velvet jacket at My Sister's Closet:
I blew out the colour and contrast but it's hard to see the purple. However, note the lovely little metal stud buttons. Buttons!
A better view of the purple. Also, it's Ralph Lauren, and was only $25.00.

At Timeline, at first, I only spotted these wonderful tassel earrings for $9.00.
The top stud is hinged so that they move, and they are nearly the colour of my hair.

But then, I spotted this little bit of frou-frou.
It's a crazy top. It's very fluffy, so I must remember to wear it with a skinny bottom.

It's by Hommage from Los Angeles.
It was $29.00, I think (it's all becoming a bit of a blur).

Check out the amazing patterns.
Some of it is frayed, and some is rolled. I love it.

The lovely proprietor of Timeline took our photo on her couch.
From left: Pao, Melanie, Sylvia, Patti, Greetje and me!

Aw, I am going to miss you all so much! Please look me up if you're ever in my city or this neck of the woods again!

From there, I walked to the float plane docks.
The water was sparkling.

The skies were full of fluffy clouds as we headed back towards the Island.
There goes a ferry.

I liked the very defined distance between every one of these boats.
I think that's on Salt Spring Island, one of the Gulf Islands.

Hey, I can see my mom's house!
Float plane pontoon because why not.
Hi, Mom! I'm home!

And we curve in towards Victoria's harbour.
Looks like there's a big cruise ship in town.

The Empress Hotel and a Harbour Ferry.
I'm nearly there.

The Parliament Buildings have copper domes that have turned green over the century-plus.
And I'm home. I hopped on a bus and was in my door within minutes.

Vizzini missed me.
"What did you bring me to eat?"
Stay on your own post, there, bud.

Here's a list of all of the participants that I met, and their blogs (if they have them), even though I missed getting a few pictures of them.




Well, it's taken me several hours to do this post - I've had lunch, sat around in my robe with a cat on my lap, been to the gym, showered and made dinner while writing this. Time to chill with L and Vizzini!

34 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! This could very well be our unofficial *official* blogger meet-up wrap up, LOL! You done dang good Sheila!

    I loved reading about everything from your perspective!

    The finds! You scored some most excellent togs and we will all look forward to future what I wore posts. {The tassled earrings have gotta be my favourites!}

    Just one small correction on the gift sway...Suzanne made the darling fabric roses, and I made the lanyards.

    Yeppers! See you on the other side...of the Georgia Strait, that is!!! I'm looking forward to visiting sometime later this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Looks like such fun Sheila.
    I bet you gals had a stellar time on this blogger meet up.
    We usually stay at the Blue Horizon as it is so well located and quiet at night.
    It will be interesting to see the group posts of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such an amazing and very detailed story, Sheila! I feel like I experienced a part of what you've experienced. Sounds like truly wonderful weekend! You all are very cool and fun!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a great post!! it was FANTASTIC to meet you and cant wait to connect to go shopping. You got some awesome stuff in Vancouver - I love all of it and the dresses you got are super cute!!!

    Talk soon hot stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is a fantastic wrap-up post, Sheila!! I think you've covered everything.

    Just to note: Sue of a Colourful Canvas designed and sewed each lanyard from her fabric stash and made the name tags using Turnip Head. The notebooks were from Suzanne with covers she custom-made. She also made the fabric flower clips and put together the bags. And I designed cards for the event, but Suzanne printed them and affixed them to the bags. I did the little wrist thingies.

    Sheila, you were SO MUCH FUN to hang out with! You did a bird impression at dinner with your new hat and it was priceless. Your style shone brilliantly every day. And the PJ party pics, well, I can't NOT share them, can I? Heheheh. You are fearless!

    Thank you so much for letting us take over your room for the clothing swap and for helping me repack the leftovers.

    You really helped make this meetup a success, Sheila. Can't wait for our next meetup!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GREAT post, Sheila! You captured the spirit of the event and your photos are so wonderful, both the aerial ones of the city and the amusing candids of our crazy crew. This probably doesn't need saying but your charm and savvy fashion-sense made the event infinitely better: you contributed so much to its success.

    To supplement your comment on the photo at Boston Pizza, the two women at the end of the table were Chloe and her daughter Holly. Chloe (who also uses the name CeCe) has a new blog about food and fashion that was mentioned on Suzanne's meetup post.

    I know you don't use Twitter but I'm gonna tweet a link to this to draw attention to your terrific write-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you did, Ally! I found it that way, since I'm still in transit and quickly cruising my social media while "napping"

      Delete
  7. This is a fantastic write-up of the weekend, Sheila. I even survived seeing a couple photos of myself. I love seeing the pic with Ally but I am giggling to myself, thinking of your comment about my hair and the puppy ears. Grow hair, grow!
    What an amazing weekend it was but it sure looks like I missed out on some fantastic shopping! I can't wait to see you wear all of your finds! You are awesome-your energy, your style, your support-are all so appreciated and I cannot imagine the weekend without you! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to mention: Pao gave me the tiger outfit. It was made and worn by her mother who was a very cool woman!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're just utterly-fabulous, Sheila for collaborating this interesting blog post & what fabulous company too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheila !!!! Thank you so much for this fabulous post - you captured the essence of the weekend ! I love all your photos - and the shoes with sole/ soul - what a great find - definitely a reflection of your lovely soul :-)
    I am so glad I got to sit next to you Saturday evening - oh ... and your beautiful blue bunny too ! Thanks again - your post is my "go-to" for sharing with friends about our fun and fashion filled weekend. xoxo , w

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like such a fun weekend Sheila! I wish I could do something like that here it must be wonderful getting to meet everyone you know online in person to catch up and have some fun together! :)

    Really enjoyed your wrap-up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well thankyou from Australia! I am enjoying all the various view points as I enjoyed the posts during the event. Fascinating to see all the shots and you get a really complete picture. Almost like being there!
    I'm so glad it all went smoothly and you had a lovely time. That hat!!! You are stunning. Xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, all the dear familiar faces together and with giant grins!!! Thank you for this bigass-recap of the tremendous goings-on! Your red feathers are utterly perfect, and the Corey Hand is a keeper. "Melanie may be the only person in the world who could wear this" is a quote for the ages. What an incredible event!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, there is so much going on here, I don't know where to start! Maybe it's enough to say that it look like great fun, with plenty of laughs, chat and shopping! Lovely thoughtful gifts from Mel, Suzanne and Sue, you did well from the swap and the shopping, and all of you look as though you are having a blast. It'll take a while to come back down to earth... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see we honed in on the same atelier!

    Thank you for posting the pic of me and mom.

    Such a pleasure meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous recap of a fantastic weekend, Sheila! It was wonderful meeting you in person. You filled in all the adventures that I missed and reminded me of the ones I shared. Thanks so much for putting this together! And a big hug to all our super-stylish participants and particularly to Melanie, Suzanne and Sue for making it happen. Hurrah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic post, my dear! I'm still "in transit" in Central California. 298 miles to go -- but who's counting? Really great to meet you. I hooked up with Val in Oregon. Maybe a Portland rendezvous is in the cards before LA in 12/16????

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't put into adequate words how tickled I am to have met you in person. Oh, to live in Victoria where we could wine on the regular. What a terrific post, I am going to save it forever. xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was looking forward to this post! Love the new hat and shoes

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOw!Thanks for sharing!what a time u must have hadSheila you looked very "YOU"(that's the best compliment)it was special for me to see u with Greejte & Melanie as a novis @ reading blogs those are the the best to me.You make clothes fun. this blog was your best yet!Best wishes from Diane in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh. That was so much fun. I'm actually exhausted and I'm pretty certain that I have jet lag just from reading this. I was following along the best I could on Instagram and I saw so many pretty photos of you. Thank you so much for your stellar coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, that was pretty stunning, from the plane trip to meeting all those fabulous women! Did the Vancouver press know about this? They should have covered such a spectacular event!

    How smart of you to carve out quiet time to give yourself a breather. I bet you had to give your cheeks a chance to relax after all the smiling and laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my, what a great wrap post! So, so, so much to love. The new friendships made, old ones cemented, the clothes, the poses (I love your poses), the heels of those fantastic shoes, the texture of that fluffy jumper, the sights of Vancouver and finally your little kitty saying 'what did you bring me to eat'. That look is just so typical of cats! Glad you all had such a wonderful time.

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brilliant recap Sheila!

    So glad you came and I got to meet you first hand. You have a high level of energy, amazing unique style and are quite the Ms. Bossy Pants! ; P No doubt your are the perfect choice for your job.

    You were smart to login some downtime. I knew I was coming down with something and have been very ill for the past few days. Taking a flight home with no voice and needing to use a inhaler to help me breathe wasn't fun. I realized I can no longer party like I'm 20 anymore.

    I'm glad you appreciated all the work we put into the event and also the gift bags that were truly a combined effort. FYI I actually made the notepads as well. They are from my days of designing scrapbooking products. There were 3 different ones.

    I really think that each person that attended brought something special to this event. Next time I want to tap into your organizing skill set.

    BTW...would you be so kind as to send me that photo with the umbrellas and us walking? I'd love to use it for my post.

    Once I feel better I had planned on getting another newsletter out and sharing some photos via DropBox.

    Thanks again for coming out. Next time I'm back in wonderful Victoria ( I used to live on Beach Drive) I'll hopefully have a chance to look you up and get in some thrifting with you.

    BTW...so glad you took home that silk dress I'd tried on. It was from Jane.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, Sheila, you make me feel like I was there. Oh, but I was! Still groggy, thought it was all a dream come true. What a fantabulous post, I shall refer all here. You are even more gorgeous in person and I felt honored to be among such celebrities. That hat! However did you get it home? You and she were definitely made for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So nice to meet you briefly Friday night. Love the new fluevogs. And that white fluffy top from Timeline. I now have a new consignment shop to check out. Will have to meet up next time I am on the island.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have made such an effort to document our fantastic weekend. I feel inadequate already. I think you are a wonderful person and will always remember the famous words "I am a xxx delicate flower" haha. So funny. I and understand why you love Fluevog shoes. They are incredibly comfortable. Wore them to work on Tuesday. Some people liked them but they are a bit too fashionable for that lot at the bank office...
    Hope to meet you again. Missing everybody.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Re-read this post. How could I forget "I am a xxx delicate flower" haha. But I did. Now it is back in my mind.
      Greetje

      Delete
    2. I re-read this post too - I love the memories, and I'm so glad I got to meet such fabulous women - like you, Greetje!

      Delete
  28. Thanks for putting this post together - I am so bummed that I missed out on this fun event.

    Alice
    www.happpinessatmidlife.com

    Would love to see you Thursday for TBT Fashion link up.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great recap Sheila -
    Looks like you had a blast !
    It was great to see many of the women behind the blogs ! Of course I read Ally and Patti and you .. and there are more I will head out to read.
    From what I read it was organised really, really well and the swapping would have been my favourite.
    Last but not least I really, really love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Finally catching up Sheila. Your post is wonderful. You made me feel like I was there, which I would loved to have been. It looks like soooo much fun. You captured the spirit of this adventure with your gorgeous photos and fabulous writing.

    Love your new hat and all of your outfits. Hope to meet you someday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a lot of fun, I especially love the photo of Melanie laughing with Corey, it seems to sum up the pleasure of the meet-up! And thank you so much for the travelogue which I found so fascinating because my childhood friend now lives on Vancouver Island. He left rural Scotland 48 years ago to work for the Hudson Bay Company and, apart from holidays, never made it back to Blighty. There is obviously far too much fun to be had out there!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are so incredibly special, and I love them and hug them and treasure them forever. Please feel free to tell me what you think!

I'm not currently able to respond to comments, but I will make every effort to answer questions. I do read every single one, and appreciate your comments.

Please note that comments containing affiliate links spam-y sites, spam comments and anything I deem inappropriate will be deleted.

Cheers,
Sheila