Well, that weekend just got away from me somewhat! Where does the time go? I had fully intended to blog on Friday night, but sherry and wine...and a late night...but let's not self-flagellate!
- Top - Noul, thrifted; purchased here for $5.00
- Skirt - J. Crew, thrifted; last seen here with Star Wars shoes
- Shoes - Nine West, consignment; purchased here for $39.00
- Jacket (not pictured, this one) - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; last seen here over pink pajamas
- Cage cuff - Bauxo
- Cuff - thrifted
- Earrings - thrifted
I did "Bam! Bam" Wonder Woman magical cuff noises and poses all day, at work, at my WW meeting and at Book Club afterwards. Book Club is always fairly boozy (heh), and after my week, a little w(h)ining was in order. 'Twas a late night.
Bright and early on Friday, L had the day off, and all I wanted to do was this.
|"Join me in floppitude."|
Instead, I remembered that my dear Caro had given me this amazing silk skirt, passed along from one of her coworkers.
It's by Marciano, so I guess that's "A Name."
Just rub it in, Vizzini.
|"Sneetching is the only approved Friday activity."|
However, I was dressed to express!
- Jacket - Comrags, thrifted; last seen here in April with plaid and beading
- Top - Ina, consignment; last worn here in September 2015 with pink and yellow florals
- Pants - Signature, consignment; last seen here over a year ago in May 2015
- Shoes - Ralph Lauren, thrifted; last worn here with pink pajamas
here in June 2014. Even though my knee and toes were destroyed from that spill, there was not a single mark on the pants. I think this proves that they are made from Pure Evil.
I wasn't feeling them too much this time 'round. They are a little big in the (elastic) waist, and although they were fun to wear, maybe this will be it for them. Or not. I don't have to decide now!
I did organize a paper airplane competition at work on Friday. That was fun.
- Earrings - Stella and Dot, consignment
- Wrist wrap - local
Tammy and I had a lovely dinner, drank lots of sherry and wine, and ate tapas for hours. I slept in on Saturday morning (no Ultimate this week, boo), and then L and I went for brunch. The usual.
- Shirt - Asos, thrifted; first worn here with teal lace
- Skirt - Cici; last seen here with pastel pink
- Shoes - Half Truth Veda, Fluevog; last worn here for a weekend in Vancouver in March
I'm not going to enumerate all the awesome things I found for L as he does read my posts, but yes, there were some very cool things that I found. This is what came home for me.
From The Patch first, OMG, I love this clutch!
It's by Melie Bianco, which is known for their good quality PV (link here, linking 'cause I love).
I gasped at this dress. I can't help looking at party dresses, especially at The Patch. They have an amazing mix of recent and vintage dresses.
It was getting dim out when I got home, so I hung some of my purchases off the bathroom door (because I'm classy that way) to get better light.
It's by BCBG Max Azria, and wow, are you kidding me? $39.95? This dress was originally about $350.
|"Was that a feather? I must eat it!"|
From there, my next purchase was at Flavour Upstairs, where I found this navy blue blouse.
I browsed the funky jewelry at Mango's.
After several more stops (stay on target, Sheila, shop for L!), I ended up at the WIN Warehouse store, where I found some more pretties for me.
The necklace is by Ellandemm.
I found this fabulous 80s blouse by Adrianna Pappell.
|It needs ironing really badly.|
Um, I might have bought another black skirt. A black suede skirt.
How much awesome is this?
This dress looks like something Melanie would wear, doesn't it?
|"I smell the ghost of key parties."|
It has Presence!
|"Hmm...what's under here? I must investigate."|
L and I chilled on Saturday night, having a nice evening in and playing Arkham Horror for hours. We had a restful Sunday morning, and then strolled to town to meet up with 15 of our closest friends for an afternoon of drinks and appies on an outdoor patio in the sun.
- Shirt - Warehouse, thrifted; first worn here (2nd outfit) with floofy green and floral
- Dress - Kenzo, thrifted; first worn here with nautical stripes
- Shoes - Born, consignment; last seen here in April for my to-the-field outfit
|Hair in full-on stand-up mode!|
|"Your dress bores me, woman."|
|"What's in the kitchen?"|
- Chain necklace - part of a $10 grab bag, consignment
- Necklace - Givenchy, vintage fair
- Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
And here we are, it's Monday Victoria Day, in Canada, so I'm enjoying the extra day off. Back to the insanity tomorrow.
Linking up with: