It's been a mostly mellow weekend, just chillin' with L and Vizzini, with various forays into social situations. Here's Thursday's outfit.
- Dress - Joe Fresh, thrifted; purchased here for $17.99
- Shoes - Room 502 Entrance, Fluevog; first worn here with keys and fluff in October
- Coat (below) - Desigual; last worn here in January with green lace
And a spectacular coat for the outerwear. We've been having very warm temps lately, so I haven't even delved into my heavy coats yet this year.
- Bracelet/earrings - Grandma J's, vintage 50/60s, Mexico stamps
- Spider ring - gift from Mom & Dad c. 1986
- Ring - gift from Mom & Dad c. 1988-ish?
We found out late Thursday that Leonard Cohen had died, so raised several glasses to him and listened to his music all evening. Friday was spent recovering and watching movies all day. We had friends over that night to play "Arkham Horror" and just hung out with them
|"About time you two spent some time at home with me."|
|"Maybe Uncle Ross will give me some kitty treats."|
On Saturday, L and I walked to town - it was crazy weather, both windy and rainy, followed by brief flashes of sunshine. That's one thing about the weather here: if you don't like it, just wait 10 minutes.
- Dress - Poupee Chic; purchased here for $39.99
- Boots - Prepare Maps, Fluevog; last seen here in June as Shoes My Husband Hates
- Coat (below) - Kimchi Blue; last worn here (5th outfit) in October as a topper for my red birthday dress
After brunch, I met up with Elaine and we cruised by bus to the Christmas Vintage Fair. It was okay, quite crowded and many of the "regular" vendors.
My yeti coat is always popular. A few people thought it was real fur (it's not).
- Earrings - local
After the Vintage Fair, we headed back to town to meet up with our usual rag-tag gang of friends. Here we are at 8;30pm, after an afternoon of carousing. L was in charge of pictures, so they are all blurry, ha ha!
|Me, asking if the backlight is on the camera. It was not.|
|"Stand on one leg!"|
You might have noticed that I have my green shopping bag in the above picture. This is the item I spent my budget on at the Vintage Fair:
I thought the chain was supposed to be in front, but L thought that it should be in the back. I think he is right, but I'll probably wear it both ways. The previous owner wore this with her square dancing outfits!
It's by Renoir (the brand I collect), and as noted on the tag it's rare.
Today, I was up early to head to town for groceries, then meet up with my coworker Simona to look for a Christmas dress or dressy top for the holidays.
- Sweater - Vero Moda, thrifted; last seen here in April with lavender for brunch
- Skirt - Danier Leather, thrifted; first worn here in August with blues
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last seen here in October for another brunch
- Coat (below) - Danier Leather
- Earrings - Glee
I wasn't shopping for myself, but I found a skirt:
The fabric is like men's tie fabric:
I also found a purple wool beret. I've been looking for one.
Vizzini just flopped right in the doorway to my closet.
|"Are you finished? I need some cuddle time."|
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Don't forget to check out "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style!