Ah, what a wonderful weekend! I feel happy, rested and loved. And isn't that just the best ever?
Saturday, L and I walked to town for brunch. It was rainy and windy out (storm warnings still in effect), and I had an eye appointment later in the afternoon.
- Dress - Naughty; last seen here a full year ago in October 2015 with a shirt underneath
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last worn here (2nd outfit) in September with a painty poppy skirt
- Leather jacket (below) - corporate swag from around 2007, from my old job
I bought this dress for $30.00 at Dots back in 2011 and have worn it quite a bit. I nearly always accessorize it with red/burgundy due to the red stripe in it. And it did make a liar of me, since I only wore it once all of last fall/winter. I rarely wear it to work, so it tends to default to a brunch dress.
I wore a vintage half-slip underneath it.
|"You need more cat in your pictures. You're welcome."|
- Belt - Plum
- Leather cuff - Guess, thrifted
- Studded cuff - 90s
I had a little time before my eye appointment, so I wandered over to She She Shoes to see if they had anything I could spend my $200 gift certificate on. Let's just say... YES.
Okay, now gird your loins, friends...here are my TWO party outfits. And I'm warning you now...I wore wigs.
|I am not sure why touching my shoulder was a thing.|
- Dress - BCBG Max Azria, thrifted; purchased here in May for $39.95
- Shoes - Channi B; last seen here in September with dots and pearls
|Again with the arm!|
I also wasn't loving this wig all that much. Too much forehead. You might remember this wig from my adventure in the Traveling Yellow Skirt Freak Show here in November 2013.
- Bracelet/necklace - vintage 30s, vintage expo, gift from L
- Earrings - thrifted
At 10:30pm I changed outfits. As one does - or at least, as I do!
- Dress - Ralph Lauren blue label; thrifted here in May for $8.00
- Shoes - Shellys London; purchased above for $200.00
Some of you might recognize this blonde wig from our 70s party a couple of years ago here in October 2013. You might not recognize me, though!
However, isn't the dress amazing?
|"I don't know who this blonde woman is, but maybe she will feed me."|
- Thin bracelet - Renoir, vintage 60s, thrifted
- Wide bracelet - Renoir, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Necklace/hinged cuff - Renoir, vintage 60s, Grandma J's
- Cuff with enamel - Matisse/Renoir, vintage 60s, vintage fair
- Plain ring - vintage fair
- Ring with turquoise - vintage, Grandma J's
- Earrings with enamel - Matisse/Renoir, vintage 60s, Grandma J's
My roots are horrendous (not that I needed a reason to wear a wig!), but here's my party make-up.
|I see my camera in the mirror!|
L looked very fine in his party clothes. He is recovering from his latest tattoo (his right forearm), so did a slightly more casual vibe.
Linking up to "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style!