We woke up to more snow on Saturday morning! It was a light dusting, but still coming down, so much warmth was needed for my "walking to town" outfit.
- Sweater - J. Crew, thrifted; first worn here in September with camo pants
- Skirt - TKStyle, thrifted; first worn here with red plaid in October
- Boots - Ash; last seen here (5th outfit) for a weekend grocery outing
- Coat (below) - Hilary Radley, thrifted
This is such a funny shaped skirt.
I wore this exact same outerwear for each of the three outfits I wore on Saturday.
|Droplets of water from the boots left in at the bottom|
- Scarf - vintage 60s, Dad's
- Earrings - local
When I saw that we had snow in the morning, I phoned Mom to make sure she could still drive - we had a theatre matinee in the afternoon! Fortunately, it was fine out her way (she lives on a hill), and we made it.
- Blouse - Ralph Lauren, consignment; last seen here in November with vintage 70s suede
- Dress - Mimi Bizjak, thrifted, vintage 90s; purchased here for $19.95
- Boots - Baroque Velazquez, Fluevog; last seen here (6th! outfit) in October 2015 with mad pearls and lace
I really loved the ruffled blouse layered under the dress.
The play was "This Little Light", which was a modern update of "The Little Match Girl" with singing. Spoiler! She dies at the end. Mom and I were prepared for this (but thought they might have changed it), but the little girl sobbing her eyes out a row behind us was certainly not expecting it! I cried, but it was not a great play overall. Too emotionally manipulative and rather preachy.
- Earrings - local
- Ring - Sarah Coventry, vintage shop
No time to rest after that outing - we've got a party to go to! Our dear friends Nick and Karen throw a marvelous Christmas party every year. I had another outfit in mind, but I was feeling like not wearing something restrictive so I changed my mind and went with this red dress.
- Dress - Lori Ann Montreal, thrifted; last seen here for my birthday in October 2010!
- Shoes - "I Know" by Irregular Choice, gift from Louise; last worn here in August with blue and magenta
But the dress! I bought it at the WIN Warehouse store for $8.00 and first wore it here for December 2009 New Year's Eve, where we were first starting out with our current group of friends. It was crazy, reminding them about that night - we drank all the booze they had at this little Korean BBQ restaurant. Ah, good times.
I was pretty tired by this time after such a hectic day, but I redid my makeup and put more goop in my hair.
A terrible picture of my tummy, but I love pics of L and I together.
- Flower pin - Le Chateau
- Star Trek magnetic pin - MoPop gift shop
- Bangle - Glee
- Leaf bracelet - thrifted
- Earrings - Jacob
- Fulvia Ring/lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
We staggered home around 3am - hey, why is everyone leaving so soon? - and crashed into bed. Vizzini woke me up with a paw in my mouth. Feed me!
|"I let you sleep in till 7am, Woman."|