Ah, I'm back. What a lovely extra-long weekend I've had. Let's have a little recap, shall we?
Thursday was football all day - L and I had Nick and Chris over for beers and chili while we watched. I still had to do my WW meeting that night, so no drinks for me until I got home.
- Blouse - Elite, vintage 80s, thrifted; last seen here in September as business on top
- Dress - The Limited, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) in October 2015
- Boots - Doc Martens, consignment; last seen here in October for one of my tattoo sessions
- Coat (below) - Forever 21, thrifted
Outerwear is the Grape Ape coat.
- Scarf - Ralph Lauren, consignment
- Earrings - thrifted
L and I spent Friday on the couch recovering from the previous night's fun and games, then got ready for two events that night. We went from super-formal to super-casual venues, so it was tricky to pull that off.
- Coat - Noa Noa; last worn here in January 2015 with purple leather
- T-shirt - DC Comics, thrifted; first seen here in August with pouffy black leather
- Skirt - Danier Leather, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) earlier this month for a shop with Simona
- Boots - Adrian Agnes, Fluevog; last seen here (3rd outfit) in January for a surprise cowgirl birthday
But there is no stopping Wonder Woman!
here (linking 'cause I love!) - if you like the White Stripes, they are very similar, with two women who are wickedly good at what they do. There are videos and links to their songs - please check 'em out!
I have to share this from their website, because Sugar Nightclub (where we saw them) is one of those venues with sticky carpet (ew).
The Pack A.D. is also one of Canada’s “must-see” bands. Be it a massive stadium or the slightly seedy bar where everybody’s shoes stick to the carpet, the Pack A.D. have owned every spotlight and stolen every show they’ve ever played. Becky and Maya are relentless and riveting, playing with the kind of fuck-off freedom that makes everybody in the room vicarious rock stars, even if it’s just for the night.here) and Smash Boom Pow, another Vancouver duo, featuring two brothers (link here). I preferred Smash Boom Pow - too bad they didn't have any merch for sale or I would have bought their EP.
*ahem* Back to clothes! I haven't worn this cotton pin-striped coat in a long time - nearly 2 years! It's such a cool piece, but is a bit tricky to style.
And lest you think I looked classy (hee) all night, this is when I got home, a bit wet from the rain, and all tuckered out from the music.
On Saturday, L and I went for brunch.
- Dress - Desigual by Christian Lacroix, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in late March
- Shoes - Two Lips, thrifted; last worn here in December 2015(!) with shiny and brocade
- Coat (below) - Danier Leather
I love this dress. The chunk of design up near my face is all beaded and embroidered over the printed pattern.
- Earrings - local
I paid $2.00 for these leather, Italian-made shoes, purchased here in September 2012. Let's go for a stroll down memory lane and see how my cost-per-wear has been - I suspect very good.
- Last seen here in December 2015
- In October 2015 (here, 4th outfit) with patterned trousers
- In January 2015 (here, 2nd outfit) for TV-watching with my gals
- On Christmas Eve, December 2014 (here), of course, being very Christmassy
- In November 2014 (here) with a whole lotta pink
- In August 2014 (here) with a chambray dress
- In June 2014 (here) for a day of indolence
- In April 2014 (here, 3rd outfit) for some shopping
- With red leather pants here in December 2013
- In March 2013, for our trip to Vancouver here (the first time we met up with Melanie!)
- Worn 5 times in the November 2012 capsule during my "30 for 30 for 12" challenge (November's recap here)
So, including this weekend, that's 16 wears - that's about 12.5 cents per wear. Thank you, tan loafers for four years of good use. Time for you to go to a new home.
After brunch, I went for a little thrift shop. It feels like I haven't shopped in a while, and I wanted some "me time" and retail therapy. My first stop was the St. Vincent de Paul, where I found these fabulous cotton/lycra leopard-print skinny cropped pants.
here, 'cause I love). Oh, Avon.
I popped into Head Over Heels, a local shoe store, because it was Shop Local Saturday, and they had 10% off everything. I get a lot of my locally-made jewelry there - very nice quality stuff. Link here.
I strolled in the rain over to the WIN Warehouse store, where this grey wool hat hopped into my cart.
It was $12.95.
I found a pair of brand-new textured tights from Ann Taylor Loft for $7.95, still in the package.
I fell for this lovely silk skirt - it's by Jones New York and was $15.95.
|"I'm here so that your readers can see your ugly slippers and the steamer hose."|
I don't know what drew me to these, but when I put them on (I was wearing the "how did this happen" uncomfortable loafers, remember), my feet were all like, "You should buy these."
Barely any wear inside (love that shiny tie fabric!).
Good tread for walking - again, barely any wear.
I think I have a black jacket issue, as in, I have many black jackets. Well, here is another one.
I spent some time in the fitting room trying to figure out how this is supposed to do up.
|I took this picture outside the bathroom for better light. What's in that frame on the right? Stay tuned...|
Wee! It's by Helmut Lang! Made in the USA.
Oh, and just for fun, this is what's in the frame where I took the above picture of the jacket.
I also found this amazing coat. Me and coats...
A bit on the pricey side (but it's a good cause), but their coats tend to be over $1,000.00 (yes, a THOUSAND dollars!), so I'm pretty happy with this. It also looks very cool on.
Time to get dressed! It's my company Christmas party!
- Dress - no label, thrifted; purchased here in July for $12.95
- Shoes - Jessica Simpson (had since 2007); last seen here (2nd outfit) in December 2015 with a peach feathered dress
- Coat (not shown) - the Unsafe Ocelot
Yee haw, showing my new ink and rockin' this fabulous dress.
|"There are not enough pictures of me in this post."|
- Bangle - Glee
- Earrings - furniture store, Brighton
Today's been a quiet day. I did wear the leopard pants right away - I had only tried them on over my tights, so was hoping they'd still be a good fit.
- Sweater- Satellite Drive, thrifted; first worn here (2nd outfit) in October for another grocery day
- Pants - Mark by Avon, thrifted; purchased this weekend for $4.00
- Boots - Ash; last worn here in October with my Hallowe'en costume (Furiosa forever!)
- Coat (below) - Smoking Lily
My Octo-coat makes its first appearance in a while. I tend to wear it on rainy days - it's the only coat I own with a hood.
here), where I bought it for $168.00. Smoking Lily makes all their clothes here in Victoria - this is called the Pippa coat. It is denim on the outside and fleece on the inside.
I hope all of my US friends had a very happy Thanksgiving! Don't forget to check out "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style.