Well, this week has been a blur of naps, TV, movies, reading, eating and drinking...and did I mention naps? I haven't slept this good in what feels like a year.
However, I shall attempt to remember what I've been up to. Hmmm...I think this was the day after Boxing Day, Tuesday.
- Dress - Joe Fresh, thrifted; last seen here in November with purple legs and feet
- Boots - 1883 Lucchesse, consignment; last worn here (3rd outfit) that same November weekend, for shopping with Simona
- Coat (below) - Danier Leather
After all that fruitless shopping, I needed a nap before my evening adventures.
|"Can't a cat snooze in peace?"|
Refreshed from my brief nap, I got dressed to go out...Mom and I went to the "Sing-Along Sound of Music"! This is quite the world-wide production, and very fun to do - we did it once about 20 years ago, I think before L and I were married. Link here for info, and because I love our local fun, independent movie theatre, The Vic (they also do quote-along "The Big Lebowski" (with White Russians!) and "Pulp Fiction").
- Cashmere sweater - Magaschoni, thrifted; last seen here in September with emerald culottes
- Skirt - Danier Leather, thrifted; last worn here (3rd outfit) for a brunchy outing in November 2015
- Shoes - Hispanitas; last seen here with denim and pearls in September
- Coat (below) - Hilary Radley, thrifted
And I adore a leopard print, so one in cashmere? Sign me up!
|"I use my amazing deductive powers to determine that you are leaving me. Again."|
- Necklace - BCBG Max Azria, gift from Mom
- Earrings - local
I'm so spoiled - Mom bought me another necklace!
Wednesday was an "I need to be at home and not see people" day. I read all day, then chilled out and played board games with L in the evening. Naps happened. There may also have been some more kitty cuddling.
Thursday, I had to get groceries for the coming weekend and the work-week (gah!) on the horizon. An easy outfit was called for!
- Sweater - Vero Moda, thrifted; last seen here (3rd outfit) in November for shopping with a coworker
- Skirt - Danier Leather, thrifted; last worn here in that same outfit
- Boots - Dirty Laundry, thrifted; last seen here in December with my pink Muppet skirt
- Coat (below) - Danier Leather
- Earrings - local
After the Velvet Crease, i hiked over to My Sister's Closet, where I had much better luck with my shopping. I found this amazing dark grey cotton jacket.
|"What did you bring me?"|
The jacket is by CAbi, and was $40.98.
And you know I love detail that carries around to the back. Designers, take heed! We're seen from the rear too, not just the front!
I am a sucker for plaid.
I tried on about a million dresses (okay, maybe 10) and only this one made the cut.
It's by Comrags (yay! I love their stuff!), and was made in Canada. I found this dress online - it's called the Magdalena dress, and this is called the "rumpled print". They still make the Magdalena dress, in different fabrics, but this one is from the Spring/Summer 2011 collection (link here, 'cause I love!) - it's the 11th thumbnail picture.
here (in Italian jacquard, classy!). As you can see, it's regular price $410.00 (on sale for $287.00), so I got this for an awesome deal of $38.98!
There's also a line sketch thumbnail of the dress here, so that you can see the nice shape, and the detail on the neckline (it's a bit hard to see in the above picture).
Believe it or not, I steamed this dress for the pictures. The "rumpled" part of "rumple print" is very true! And I think it's because...
I popped into Lazy Susan's on my way home, and found these lovely lightweight hoop earrings.
I also found this lovely summery-looking hat/fascinator.
I met up with Elaine on Thursday night for a sherry Happy Hour at a local tapas place. We had a lovely dinner.
Yesterday/Friday, I met up with a group of 10+ people (a mix of friends, coworkers, and coworkers of friends) to go see "Sing-Along Sound of Music"...AGAIN! I'd mentioned to my friends that I was taking my mom, and they expressed interest in going, so...why not? Anything fun is worth doing again!
- Dress - Comrags, consignment; purchased above for $38.98
- Shoes - Half Truth Veda, Fluevog; last worn here only a week ago with my stained glass dress
- Coat (below) - BCBG Max Azria, thrifted
I noticed in these pictures that the slip was hanging down (it's big in the waist), so I safety-pinned it tighter. It's not visible in the stair picture (the last picture I take).
Add my faux fur chartreuse green stole - I rarely wear this; in fact, I've only worn it once before, here in March 2014 (2nd outfit), where I noted that I bought it for $10.50 during Christmas 2013.
And finally, my cream coat over it. I felt very classy, and my dress kind of looked like it was made of...curtains?? Sure, why not!
I didn't wear much bling, just earrings.
- Earrings - thrifted
And now, it's Saturday, New Year's Eve, and it's time for me to shower, tidy up the house and make some appies for our New Year's Eve shindig for our 12 closest and dearest friends. I'll have pictures for you on Monday, but for now...
|"Always take the warm spot."|
Happy New Year!