Sunday already, but I have thoroughly enjoyed my time off for this extended long weekend. I've had downtime, partytime, shopping time, and I even squeezed a new tattoo in there! Are you ready to ride along with me on a recap? Get a mug of tea (I'm sipping licorice tea) and join me!
First up is Friday's outfit. I spent Thursday at home in my purple velvet jeans and a Carolina Panthers football jersey, drinking ciders and watching NFL games with L, Nick and Casey. We ate chili (made by me), and hollered at the TV. No pictures of that, ha ha!
On to Friday! L and I strolled to town and met Nick for breakfast at the Blue Fox, a very popular local place that I've eaten at since I was a teenager. There is always a huge lineup, but that just means good food! It's a treat to go there and you have to be ready to wait, but it's worth it.
This is my entry for Patti's "Visible Monday" over at Not Dead Yet Style. What, are you dead? Get over there!
- Sweater - Gap, thrifted; last seen here in July with a load of brooches
- Skirt - Club Monaco, consignment; last worn here in February with baby blue and Star Wars shoes
- Shoes - Clarks, consignment; last seen here a few weeks ago with painty plaid
- Coat (below) - Desigual by Christian Lacroix, consignment; last worn here in September over pink dots
I planned to go shopping after breakfast, so I wore clothes that are easy to take off and put back on.
The gold skirt is a favourite - bonus! it has pockets!
My outerwear was the real schtar of the outfit. I spent some time recently sewing buttons back on and reinforcing others (this is a smidge tight on me). All ready to wear again!
- Gloves - Parkhurst
I should have worn a scarf, as it got colder in the afternoon.
- Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L
And did I have luck shopping? Do you really need to ask? Ha! I started by going to Flavour Upstairs for a good browse. I found a couple of great pieces.
First: this wonderful crushed velvet top.
No label, but here's a better look at the colour, very nice vibrant dark winey-red, one of my favourite colours lately.
This blazer was a treasure! I've tossed my Jaeger one in the giveaway pile, as this one fits me better, and the quality is amazing.
Woot! A Vivienne Westwood Red Label piece! I just found this jacket on her website for $975.00 (linking 'cause I love!), so I think I got a deal at $27.99!
Some of the details. I love her "holy hand grenade" icon - the fabric lining has this woven into it.
I strolled over to Verve, a consignment store I only visit a couple of times a year. I tend to spend too much money there! I fortunately only found a couple of things.
It was $38.00.
I fell hard for this sheer nylon top.
It's by Jean Paul Gaultier Classique.
I think it's from the late 90s/early 00s - these sheer mesh tops were a thing back then.
Made in Italy!
Vizzini, how do you like my finds so far?
|"I see nothing worth chewing on."|
I found this lovely skirt.
It's by Darling (a brand I've seen in Dots), and was only $12.95.
You might recognize this top:
same top in cream!
This is a nice French blue colour.
I don't usually buy Joe Fresh (the quality is often iffy), but I LOVE the pattern of this shirt.
It's 100% silk.
I found a gown! That was my main shopping mission, and I didn't think it would be that hard, but wow, there are a lot of dresses out there.
When it was rung through, I was informed that it was actually half price (the red star!), so I only paid $11.50 for it.
L and I hung out on Friday and played boardgames till the wee hours, then went to Floyd's for brunch on Saturday morning.
here in February 2011!) and it always make the cut from year to year.
- Sweater - Tatyana, thrifted; last seen here in October under an evil orange dress
- Dress - Plum; last worn here (4th outfit) in October 2016 for brunch again
- Boots - Ash; last seen here (6th outfit, at the bottom) in October for Winesday
- Sleeveless coat - Only, thrifted; last worn here last weekend over the tiger dress
I needed a very comfy outfit - I got a new tattoo on Saturday!
The sleeveless coat worked well - once I was inked up, I didn't want to mess with sleeves.
I couldn't do gloves either - just my fur boa to keep me warm!
- Boa - thrifted
If I wear all my tough stuff, I'll be ready for the needle! Eeee...but it's still easier to deal with tattoo pain, than dentist pain!
- Belt - gift from Ruth
- Leather cuff - Guess, thrifted
- Studded cuff - c. 1996
- Earrings - The Cobbler
- Spider ring - gift from Mom & Dad, c. 1986
- Silver/obsidian ring - gift from Mom & Dad, c. 1985
As I mentioned back here in September, my brother Dave and I decided to get tattoos together to commemorate 20 years since our dad died. We had a consultation with my tattoo artist, Mason Larose (Instagram here, linking 'cause I love!).
|Mason working on Dave's left forearm|
And I went with a rose dropping petals and a banner style, in keeping with my other arm tattoos.
I had a nap and recovered somewhat from the trauma, then we got ready for a party.
- Furry vest - Zara Woman, consignment; just purchased this weekend!
- Sweater - Jean Paul Gaultier, consignment; last seen here with a velvet vest and a gauzy skirt
- Leather jeans - Gap, 2000, vintage store, Vancouver; last seen here in November 2016 with a sheer top
- Shoes - Conquer Maleika, Fluevog; first worn here earlier this month with a down-filled skirt
We went to our friends Greg and Rosanna's place - they've recently moved back to Victoria after nearly 20 years! - for their housewarming, with Nick and Karen. It was a small party but it was great to see them and to meet some of their friends (hi, Katya!).
Such a fun vest. I hear they are trending, so yay/shrug.
Oh, it's Mister Vizzini!
|"You'd better give me kitty treats now, Woman, or I'll destroy something you love!"|
- Earring - Aldo Accessories
- Cuff - Mom's, vintage late 60s
- Spinner ring - Twang & Pearl
- Amber ring - c. 1996
- Bronze ring - P. Sarpaneva, vintage 70s
Vizzini sat on me for a while while I tried to type this post.
|"Post, shmost. Yes, scratch right there."|
|"I'd stay longer if you kept petting me."|
I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!