I played around with my new clothes in my closet last night, and put together this outfit. My work is doing a Mental Health Month, so I was chatting today with a coworker about what she does to clear her mind. A few people ended up sharing their "Zen" things - mine was (of course) playing in my closet.read (a lot), and I paint or draw sometimes - but playing in my closet is the most fun when I really love the outfit that comes out at the end. It's my art.
- Blouse - Shirt-Tales by StyleRite, vintage 1970s, thrifted; purchased here for $12.99
- Pants - H&M, consignment; purchased here for $10.00
- Shoes - Clarks Narrative, consignment; purchased here for $21.50
- Coat (below) - Denny Rose, consignment; purchased here for $24.50
The blouse was lovely to wear, although slightly warm (hurray for 70s polyester!). No buttons popping open, or even loose, although this piece is easily over 45 years old. You can't say that about modern stuff. What will be left of that in 45+ years?
Outerwear. It was threatening to rain this morning, so I risked wearing WAY too much stuff. No, hat not needed. But I see potential for fall!
Just a nice straight cut.
- Silk tie - Escada, vintage 80s, thrifted
- Necklace - Fossil, consignment (first wear, purchased on the same spree as above)
- Earrings - local
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes