I'm back again, back to my regular work schedule, and so, back to my regular life schedule. But here are some outfits from the past several days when I was able to drag my sad butt out of bed/off the couch and be in public.
Oh, and there are a lot of cat pictures. You have been warned.
On Friday, I met up with my bestie Janet for brunch.
- Jacket - Vero Moda in Blue, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit) in February for the Vintage Fair
- Top - Abercrombie & Fitch, thrifted; last worn here layered under a leather slip dress
- Skirt - Oui Set, thrifted; last seen here with matchy arms and legs
- Boots - BCBG Max Azria; last worn here with my Kenzo tiger dress
- Turquoise ring/earrings - local
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
I wandered down to The Patch to see if they had anything interesting. What a shocker! They did!
Yes, another white lace top! But this one has longer sleeves, and no pocket and a stripey sporty neckline. It's totally different!
I saw this awesome shirt at The Patch months ago, but it was too tight.
Also, it's by Ben Sherman, which I know is rather pricey new.
Flush with my shopping treasures, I arrived home to find Vizzini anxiously awaiting me.
|"La la la...I'm rolling around on the deck."|
|"Is this about the hole in the couch? I don't know anything about that."|
- Top - Lord & Taylor; last seen here with red leather pants
- Trousers - Banana Republic, thrifted; first worn here (2nd outfit) for my WW meeting
- Shoes - Hispanitas; last worn here with that black leather slip dress again
- Earrings - local
Vizzini was dozing on his post when we got home.
|"Are you going to poke at me?"|
|"As it should be. Get that camera out of my face, woman!"|
Vizzini likes to hang out with me while I work.
|"Lies. I just like to be where the sun is."|
|"I've got all this soft tum, just waiting for you to rub it."|
|"I'm getting tuna, I know it!"|
He insisted on investigating further.
|"Am I in your way? Not that I care."|
|"You have 4 more minutes, woman. Use them well."|
|"I sit here now. Games later."|
|"What? Says who?"|
|"That looks tasty."|
|"I'm going to kill that moth----Is that a bird?"|
My mom had us and my family over to her place for Easter brunch on Sunday. I made an effort.
|And I have purple hair again! Really purple!|
- Top - Hommage, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) in February for a theatre outing with Mom
- Skirt - Lauren Conrad, thrifted; purchase right up there for $12.95
- Shoes - Eject; purchased here in Vancouver for $149.00
A whole lotta bling goin' on.
- Bug brooch - Le Chateau, about 12 years ago
- Circle lemon-lime brooch and single earring - Grandma J's, vintage 60s
- Blue brooch and single earring - vintage fair, vintage 60s
- Gold sparkly ring - consignment
- Fulvia Ring - Wendy Brandes
- Blue bracelet - Coro, vintage fair, vintage 60s
- Green bracelet - vintage 60s, Mom's
We got home as the light was starting to fade.
|"Yes, yes, you're home, rah rah."|
I crashed early last night, which was a good thing. 6:30am came along awfully fast.
- Shirt - Ben Sherman, thrifted; purchased above for $14.95
- Skirt - Mario Serrano, thrifted; last seen here with Visible blues
- Shoes - Aldo, thrifted; last worn here with leopard and leather
I will aim for more effort for tomorrow.
- Cuff - Guess, thrifted
- Earrings - 10th anniversary gift from L
I'm linking up with:
- "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style
- "52 Pick me up" at Anne's SpyGirl - my hair is aubergine!
On another note, I'm taking a leaf out of some of my blogging friends' books and am working to connect more with y'all through the comments. I've changed the format of the comment view so that you (and I) can reply to a specific comment that will then appear right after that comment in a thread. You can also select to be notified of a response (via email) on any of your comments by ticking the "Notify me" box directly under the comment field. I hope you enjoy these changes!
And...you know you want it - another Vizzini picture!
|"I'll bask in the sun and the adoration of my fans."|
A very Happy Easter to you all!