Woo, miss me? I couldn't blog last night because L and I went to a concert. And after a long day today, followed by my WW meeting, it is now past 8pm and I haven't had dinner and I'm hungry! Feed me!
- Cardigan - Gap, thrifted; purchased here for $6.00
- Top - Le Chateau, consignment; last seen here (2nd outfit) in September 2014 with capris
- Skirt - Club Monaco, thrifted; last worn here in July 2014 with mustard
- Shoes - Land's End, thrifted; last seen here (4th outfit, after the bigass boots) in March
What did we see? Oh yeah! We saw Whitehorse, a Canadian husband and wife duo, comprised of Melissa McLelland and Luke Doucet. We've been Luke Doucet fans since he opened for Blue Rodeo years ago, so jumped at the chance to see them at our favourite venue. I was rushed and totally forgot my camera, so no pics. No one online seems to have reviewed the gig, but it was excellent. Here's a link to their site ('cause I love).
The shoes performed admirably.
Blue bling (say that 3 times fast, it's fun!):
- Scarf - Vera, thrifted
- Fulvia Ring and lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
- Earrings - local
Someone was mad that we were out all night...he lay in wait to MURDER us.
|"This is attempt number 1, mofo!"|
Today, I remembered that I had yet to join up with Gracey's "Literary Stylings"at Fashion for Giants. Go! Quickly!
- Jacket - Le Chateau, consignment; last seen here in January with a mess of neutrals (how unlike me)
- Blouse - Tahari, thrifted; purchased here for $4.00
- Skirt - J. Michaels, vintage 80s, thrifted; last worn here in January with Chinoiserie
- Shoes - Queen of Prussia Louise, Fluevog; last worn here in March while being a snappy dresser
Vizzini had slightly forgiven me by morning.
|"You better give me some attention tonight, or it's murder for you, woman."|
Red and purple and pink bling:
- Belt - Plum
- Purple cuff - thrifted
- Red cuff - Rimanchik
- Ring - gift from Cindy
- Earrings - Le Chateau
So aside from my awful red/read pun, and much cogitating, I couldn't put together an outfit to suit any of these books. I did read a lot this month, though. I'm happy with that!
This was our bathroom book:
I'm gradually working my way through all of Chuck Palahniuk's books, so "Tell-All" was next up. It's not one of his stronger books. It describes the story of an aging screen goddess from the point of view of her maid/assistant. The device in it is to name a lot of names of real Hollywood stars...and all the names are bolded. Distracting. If you're going to read a Chuck Palahniuk novel, read "Invisible Monsters," which is still my number one favourite.
After reading the first volume of Joe Hill's and Gabriel Rodriguez's "Locke & Key" I supported my local comic store (shout out to Gareth at Legends Comics, a fantastic and award-winning store!), and bought the rest of the series.
We also picked up the 4th book in the "Saga" series by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples.
I am already nearly done another book, and really loving all the reading I've been getting in. What have you read lately?