I wouldn't describe this weekend as a whirlwind, as everything has been rather mellow; however, many things happened!
First up, I missed what may have been our last Ulti game of the year to get my tattoo coloured in (line-work done here back in August). I've been so excited to get this done!
- Kimono top - Urban Renewal; last seen here in June with Shoes My Husband Hates
- Sleeveless sweater - INC, consignment; first worn here in August with a "flame on" outfit
- Skirt - Un Deux Trois, thrifted; last worn here in July with orange
- Shoes - Chi Mihara; last seen here (4th outfit, after all the travel pics) with yellow and the last of a silk dress
- Belt - thrifted
- Necklace - thrifted
- Earrings - thrifted
While I was getting ready in the morning, Vizzini was proclaiming dominion over my closet.
|"This is my space, full of good things to eat."|
As mentioned, good thing I dressed up! Sharon - a lovely long-time reader of Ephemera - spotted me in Floyd's dinner, having my pre-tattoo breakfast fuel-up!
I was a few minutes early for my appointment with my tattooist, Mason LaRose at Painted Lotus, so I quickly popped into Footloose Shoes to see if any of their "last pairs" called to me - would there be anything? Um, silly question!
These are by Miista, and they are incredibly comfortable.
Almost 3 hours later, here we go, right arm coloured.
While I was being worked on, I took my glasses off (ah, fuzzy world, so nice) and watched the clouds scuttle by through the skylight in the roof. I saw a helicopter go right over us - I realized later that it was probably the Royals (Kate and Wills, news link) flying right over me! They flew from the downtown helijet pad to Government House's private pad to avoid clogging up residential neighbourhoods (like mine - thank you!).
Saturday was a rush. After that trauma (I say trauma because tattoos DO hurt, and it takes a toll on your body), I had 30 minutes to get changed to go to the theatre with Mom.
- Jacket - Comrags, thrifted; last worn here for Canada Day in July
- Sleeveless sweater - INC, consignment; same as above
- Skirt - Alex Coleman, vintage 70s, consignment; last seen here (3rd outfit) in July with lace for brunch
- Shoes - Wonders Ayers, Fluevog aka "the Fluevog Vizzinis", customized by Vizzini and me; last seen here in June with pink paisley
here), based on Catherine Parr's marriage to King Henry VII, but modernized in setting, costume and dialogue (noted as very colloquial in the reveiw). Both Mom and I really enjoyed it. But it was 3 hours, and that is a long time - every so often I was distracted by a wave of pain.
I had to get another wear out of this fabulous vintage cotton skirt. It's just so gorgeous.
here;why Vizzini's not allowed unsupervised in my closet). I still really like them, so they're keepers and will go in to storage next weekend.
- Belt - thrifted
- Earrings - consignment
I was very excited to recognize one of the actors in the play from TV! Sean Baek (IMDB link here) plays Fancy Lee in Killjoys (link), one of my favourite sci-fi shows.
By the time I got home it was dark, and apparently, Vizzini had wasted without me at home, and only L for company (I suspect some cudding went on).
|"You should give me kitty treats."|
L and I spent a chill evening playing board games, but I was up early Sunday/today to remove all the bandages and start maintenance of my tattoo. I made about a 10% effort with my outfit, but thought I would show you all anyway, as I really liked the pant/boot combo.
- T-shirt - Smoking Lily, not longer tracked, had it since January 2013 (here, ha, me with blonde hair)
- Camo pants - Gap, consignment; just worn here on Friday
- Boots - Doc Martens, consignment; last seen here in December 2015 for Christmas shopping in my tentacle coat (seriously, it's awesome)
- Coat (below) - Smoking Lily, not tracked; had it since February 2012 (here, me with dark red hair)
this sweater with this combo, agreed?
It ended up being too warm, but the soft inside fleece of this heavy cotton coat was welcome.
Vizzini was excited about something on the deck this morning.
|"Acorns! They're falling everywhere!"|
|"You get back on that tree right now!'|