Wednesday, April 19, 2017

All the Colours: Pink, Black and Turquoise

A little late, but better than never...I'm just awakened from a nap, followed by some heated-up chili (thank you, L), following my tri-annual visit to the periodontist for deep cleaning. Being a wuss about the dentist (another story), I get a happy pill and my entire mouth frozen in order to do this as painlessly and stress-free as possible. 
Clothing as armour - my clothes will protect me from pain!


  • Jacket - Adore, thrifted; purchased here for $24.95
  • Pants - Ralph Lauren, consignment; last worn here in August 2016 with blue blah
  • Shoes - Miista, thrifted; last seen here (2nd outfit, way down) for brunch and shopping with Elaine in late March
  • Coat (below) - I.N. Studio, thrifted

I had some strong reactions to all this colour today, mostly of the "Whoa!" variety.

A few people noticed my new glasses - all reactions positive! The observant among you will have noticed that I don't wear them every day - correct! I bought a different colour so that I could switch it up and match my glasses to my outfits. My prescription didn't change much over the last 5 years, so I can go back and forth with them, no problem.
This jacket is all the crazy. All that mesh...it was a little cold on my arms (I wore a red cami underneath to hide my back). Not sure that I'm really feeling it, but I'll give it another chance in a different outfit.

Outerwear. No need for gloves!
I'm quite fond of this jacket. It feels like wool (but isn't) and it's light enough to wear when it's a little warmer out. It wasn't all that warm today, but at least it didn't rain.

The stuff:
I bused to work and to the periodontist. Mom picked me up (as I am woozy and loopy from being frozen and from the happy pill), so minimal walking. 

  • Necklace - Elleandem, thrifted
  • Earrings - 5th anniversary gift from L


And now...a nap.

6 comments:

  1. Although I don't always dress so colourfully (I'm trying to branch out though!) I do understand both fear of the dentist and trying to dress 'positively' for a not very nice event. Bad things are easier to take if you are wearing something to help you cope - something colourful or that you love, or both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WHOA ! indeed, I think the bright and happy colours probably help in feeling more courageous for that dreaded visit to the dentist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely did! I'm sure I blinded the dental tech, ha ha!

      Delete
  3. Nice colors. Pretty glasses. Don't mention the dentist. :-)

    ReplyDelete


I appreciate every comment, thank you so much! Please feel free to tell me what you think! I will respond to questions.

Cheers,
Sheila