Well, my friends, I'm still sick but I've soldiered through this weekend. Many tales of adventure await! So, let's get 'er started, shall we? Here's Friday's work outfit.
- Sweater - vintage 60s, thrifted; purchased here last weekend for $18.95
- Skirt - Episode, thrifted; last seen here in August 2016 with Wonder Woman
- Boots - Lucky Brand, swapped from Cat last week
- Coat (below) - Hilary Radley, thrifted
And so, back to the usual outerwear:
- Cuff - Guess, thrifted
- Wrap - Kipling, thrifted
- Earrings - Le Chateau
We had to rush home right after work to get ready for...the Victoria Film Festival Gala Opening event! We have attended this before, here in 2016, and here in 2014.
Link here to the VFF main page (as always, linking 'cause I love). The theme this year was "Spring in Victoria". We started with a film ("Window Horses") at the Odeon Theatre, followed by a Q & A with one of the animators (who I met, hello!), the person who did the music, and Don McKellar, very well-known actor up here (IMDB link for him here).
A gaggle of us went (as we do), and we all dressed up in the theme! Of course we did.
|"What the furballs is that Woman wearing?"|
- Jacket - Simon Chang, vintage 80s, thrifted; purchased here last weekend for $9.95
- Skirt - Kenzo, thrifted; purchased here a few weeks ago for $19.99
- Fluffy crinoline - vintage, thrifted; last worn here for an alt-rights march in July 2016
- Shoes - Big Presence Desmond, Fluevog; last seen here at the tail end of January with a confused dress
|"Maybe I should hide. She looks crazy."|
I did promise whackitude. This is my entry for "Visible Monday" over at Patti's Not Dead Yet Style. Get your visible self over there!
I called my outfit, "I'm a Delicate Fucking Flower" after my socks.
I had many admirers of the socks during the evening. "But did you read them?" I asked, as I waggled my feet (with varying degrees of success balancing after much free wine). Hilarity and peals of laughter ensued! Thanks again to Cat and Ross for these!
I was so excited when I found this dark green double-peplum blazer - it worked perfectly over this very pouffy skirt, especially after I added the uber-floofy crinoline under it.
Most of my own pictures turned out blurry, because once I have my contacts in, I can't see the little picture on the back of my camera. L took a few for me.
I also wore a purple plaid raincoat (this one), purple beret and pink scarf and gloves as outerwear, but didn't have time to take a picture of the ensemble. We had to rush out to catch a bus to town - it was still nasty, icky cold and rain.
You can't really see it in any of the pictures, but I had pink glittery eyeshadow on. But you can see my little butterflies in my hair here.
Hat Attack!" over at Judith's Style Crone. Not a hat, strictly speaking, but I'm counting them! The little butterflies are on alligator clips - their wings are made of thick paper, and are glued to little springs, so they quiver when I move. So fun!
Although this picture is blurry, L said I had to include it because it's my "real laugh" face.
L was so dapper!
here: "Several guests wore brightly coloured costumes -- including flaming orange pants, pink shirts, floral dresses and polka-dot jackets -- to reflect their sunny dispositions."
I guess we are rather bright!
|Sorry for chopping your head off, love - you're too tall!|
Here's a look at my jacket with all the pins on it.
One of my earrings fell off during the evening, but I actually recovered it (and the back!).
- Purse - Sondra Roberts, thrifted
- Butterflies - Victoria & Albert Museum Gift Shop
- Silver cuff - thrifted
- Round bracelet - consignment
- Earrings - vintage fair
Following are a bunch of pictures from the actual event. The blurry/crappy ones are mine, and the rest are from the event photo booth and grabbed from the Gala Facebook page (link here). Many thanks to the photographers and event volunteers. What a fab party!
Off the bus, and heading for the Odeon:
Inside the Atrium Building. This is an office building with retail and restaurants on the ground floor, and inside this covered part of the building. Fun fact: my brother Dave's company did all that wood-work inside when it was built.
The far end is three banks of elevators. A view of the inside looking down at the milling crowd.
Brollies and lights were strung up from the ceiling 6 floors up.
There's L, Nick and Ross (both in hats, and awesome floral shirts), then me, cat (in magenta) and Karen (blue hat).
As we were basically the most colourful people there - we actually got a shout-out in the theatre as "the colourful people are here!" - we were in many of the event photos.
Ross and Nick chatting.
A dramatic black-and-white shot of Linda, and Nick on the left.
this one) last year, and loaned the furry purse and flower.
Me and Karen always have a hoot together.
Our full outfit shot. Of course we are hamming it up.
So much love!
Karen and Nick.
Me and L:
Vero in a fabulous floral moto-jacket, with dear Cat.
My favourite shot of the night.
Well! After all those shenanigans, I was rather...tired on Saturday morning. Not much thought put into this outfit. Mostly, "I wonder if I can wear this skirt in a regular outfit?"
- Sweater - Lord & Taylor, thrifted; last seen here in December 2016 with a pink Muppet skirt
- Skirt - Kenzo, thrifted; first worn above, the night before
- Shoes - Miista, thrifted; last seen here last week with a bright chic(ken) sweater
- Jacket (below) - Forever 21, thrifted; first worn here in a hug from Canada
And look! I have pockets!
- Earrings - 10th anniversary gift from L
- Pendant - POLY, thrifted
- Lapis lazuli ring - Wendy Brandes
After brunch and my weekly grocery shop, I had a quick nap and then Mom came over for our re-attempt to go to the theatre. I had to compare my new 20th anniversary ring with Mom's own 25th anniversary ring.
|I love this picture.|
We went to see "Gracie" at the Belfry Theatre (link here, and link here for the local review, wow, and the Globe & Mail reviewed it here as well). It was an amazing performance - a one-woman show - that left both Mom and I gasping. Worth catching if you live here!
- Jacket - Desigual by Christian LaCroix, consignment; last worn here
- Sweater - Lacoste, thrifted; last seen here in June 2016 with lace two ways
- Skirt - Oui Set, thrifted; last worn here with un-obvious military in October 2016
- Shoes - Sopranos Angelina, Fluevog; last seen here (2nd outfit) with a gone grey dress in January
|"The Woman is going out again?"|
Additional outerwear pieces.
- Necklace - Banana Republic, consignment
- Earrings - thrifted
- Ring - Wendy Brandes
And you, my friends? How is your weekend? Our guests are about to arrive for the Super Bowl party at our house, the chili is bubbling away and I'm ready for some football! Go, Atlanta Falcons!